Bespoke self adhesive, removable and reposition-able fabric wallpaper. Get the look and feel of a traditional wallpaper without the fuss! No water, paste, or tradesman required.
Founded in 2013. Designed and manufactured by B Connect in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Our wallpaper is made with 100% polyester fabric and has a low-tack adhesive backing. Designs are printed with non-toxic ink.
It is Class A1 fire rated in the US, non-toxic, green and phthalates free.
Environmentally safe and bio-degradable over time. Vegan and cruelty free.
UV protected. The wallpaper is not waterproofed. We can apply a waterproof coating during production for an additional cost.
Our standard wallpaper that is available on each listing is best suited for wall’s that have been properly primed and painted with white or light coloured paint. For wall’s painted with darker coloured paint we have a ‘Block Out’ version available. Please contact us for a free quote.
Our standard wallpaper is designed to cover walls painted with white standard paint. It is slightly translucent so darker paint colours may show through depending on the pattern.
Our block out wallpaper is designed to cover walls painted with coloured or dark standard paint. It provides opaque coverage. It can be used to cover existing wallpaper, if the wallpaper is in good condition and not textured.
Wash and Wear or Eggshell paints:
If a wall is painted with ‘wash and wear’ or ‘eggshell’ paint then we recommend ordering a sample to test the wallpaper out on the wall first. The standard and block out wallpapers may not adhere correctly, and may peel off over time. We recommend applying the sample to the wall and leaving up for one week.
All of our wallpaper patterns can be made in custom colour ways as the wallpaper is made to order.
We can change both the background colour and pattern colour.
See our colour chart on each wallpaper pattern listing.
Contact us to request a design mock-up via email or to order a custom coloured physical sample.
We recommend that you order the full amount needed in one order. As with traditional wallpaper there can be slight variances in colour between batches.
Provide us with the height and width of the wall that requires wallpapering and we can make custom sized panels that fit the height of the wall. We recommend adding an extra 2 centimetres to each measurement as some walls aren’t 100% straight. Then you can easily trim the wallpaper with a craft knife. Panels are usually made to approximately 70cm wide, so that they are easy to apply.
We are happy to provide free quotes.
We normally require 1-2 weeks for production as all of our products are made to order. If you require your order sooner please contact us before placing an order.
Some of the wallpaper patterns come with an overlap to make it easier to match up the pattern.
This means that each panel has an additional 10 millimetres to overlap on the left and right. It will be specified on your order if it has overlap or not.
Walls should be properly primed and painted. We recommend allowing freshly painted walls to dry for 4 weeks before applying the wallpaper.
We recommend repairing any surface damage before applying the wallpaper. E.g loose paint and damaged or inconsistent walls.
The ideal wall surface should be smooth and non-porous.
BC Magic Wallpaper is not recommended for textured walls. We cannot guarantee that the wallpaper will adhere correctly and any texture may show through. Textured walls could potentially be damaged during removal.
Remove any picture hooks or power outlet covers. These can be replaced after installation.
Before installation ensure that the wall is dry and free of any dirt or dust.
Pair of hands
Ladder or Step Stool
Sharp Craft Knife
- Ensure that the wall is dry and free of any dirt and dust. See ‘Wall preparation’ for more information.
- Lay out the wallpaper panels in the correct order. The back of each panel is labeled with the correct order to hang the panels in and has an arrow pointing to the top. When facing the wall, the panels should be in the following order starting from your left e.g A-B-C-D-E… or A,B,A,B..
- We recommend applying the panels from left to right, unless specified otherwise. Applying one panel at a time. From top to bottom.
- Peel away a few inches of the backing paper at the top. Find the spot on the wall where you are going to place the wallpaper panel.
- Using your hands, press the wallpaper against the wall. Smooth out with your hands.
- Gradually peel off the rest of the backing paper, gently press and smooth the wallpaper against the wall along the way. Continue until you reach the bottom of the wall.
- If any creasing or air bubbles appear, try to smooth out with your hands or peel that section of the wallpaper away and start again.
- Any excess wallpaper can be trimmed after all of the panels have been applied. Carefully trim the wallpaper using a sharp craft knife. We recommend using a ruler as a guide.
The wallpaper is UV protected but not waterproof. Cleaning products and moisture will cause damage to the ink. Gently wipe it with a dry cloth to remove dust and dirt.
Please contact us if you require the wallpaper to be waterproofed. A waterproof coating can be applied to the wallpaper during production if needed, for an additional cost. Only use a damp cloth to clean the surface. Cleaning products may cause damage to the ink.
Removal + Repositioning:
Our wallpaper is fully removable! To remove from the wall, gently and slowly peel it off the wall, like a sticker. If removed with care the wallpaper panels can be reapplied to the original backing sheets and reused or stored away.